Batch posting of journals

cons1
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

I would like to execute a batch posting of all unposted journals in all base workflow profiles.

Is there a way I can execute the posting via business rule? 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Of course. Have a look at these api calls:

JackLacava_0-1709029830237.png

JackLacava_1-1709029924361.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Of course. Have a look at these api calls:

JackLacava_0-1709029830237.png

JackLacava_1-1709029924361.png

cons1
New Contributor III

Yes, thank you. I was able to see what my error is and now my code works. Thank you. 🙂

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, just a word of caution, please make sure that batch-posting all open journals in all base workflow profiles aligns with the closing process. (Possibly) Without any signal or flag from the actual users who entered the journals and may still be working on those, I see the danger of posting journals which were not posted (yet) on purpose. This could be because the actual amount is still in discussion, or a non-needed journals has just been unposted but not deleted, etc. Also, when this applies, the balance sheet may not match, simply due to this. Batch-posting all journals could eventually create more problems than solutions in the overall closing process.

This is mostly be used for loading historical journals, but not for the actual closing process after go live.

cons1
New Contributor III

Appreciate the heads up, and yes I agree. This is only for historical journal data and will be disabled permanently after.