Data seed and fx rate

vasantharaidu
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I want to copy Data seed from one scenario to another scenario.(example current year actual to Prior year actual Scenario with different rate.

can anyone help on this

5 REPLIES 5

chul
Contributor III

Copy the data to the target scenario with a seeding rule.

On the target scenario, you can either use a different rate type or use a custom translation rule that uses the rates from an existing rate type.

On the cube, change the Translation Algorithm Type from Standard to Standard Using Business Rules for FX Rates.

Hope that helps!

cds

vasantharaidu
New Contributor II

Hi Chul, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes we already tried your method. 

1.copied data from source to destination

2. Created separate fxrate type and linked with destination scenario. 

But I want to make using formula to take from seeding local value from source to destination

I used api. Data. Calculate (s#source) =(s#destination) . 

But it's taking all the value and rates. Simply I am not able to get the variance of fx rate between the scenario. Same data with different rate. 

Can you help me on this

The rates are stored in the FX rates table so you're not copying the rates when you run your calculate statement - unless you're doing some custom translation using cube rates vs OneStream's native functionality. If your destination scenario yields the same results as your source scenario in both local and translated data, my guess is that your FX rates in your source Rate Type are the same as the FX rates in your destination Rate Type. You need to copy prior year's rates from the source Rate Type into the current year of the destination Rate Type.

cds

vasantharaidu
New Contributor II

Hi Chul,

I have given the seed formula as below and its taking all the local value and converting with same fx rate. even i have linked different rate for destination scenario. Simply i want to see the actuals numbers in different fx rate.

api. Data. Calculate (s#source) =(s#destination)

vasantharaidu_2-1695033684028.png

vasantharaidu_0-1695033558616.pngvasantharaidu_1-1695033587774.png

Best practice is to condition the api.data.calculate statement to run only for base entities and local currency. If you're missing the condition, it's running unnecessarily and copying your translated amounts from your source.

cds