Unselect/Uncheck combo box selections

brookb
New Contributor

Is there a setting on the component or even a business rule that allows you to uncheck/unselect/reset a combo box to its original state? I would like it to reset and check the top member or a default member. I don't want all parameters on my dashboard reset just a specific combo box with the click of a button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ashok
New Contributor III

yes, you can reset or set to specific value using Dashbaord Extender BR. see "RPTA_SolutionHelper" for examples. something like below:

'*********************************************************************************************************************************************
' PARAMETER COMPONENT SELECTION CHANGED EVENT HANDLERS
'*********************************************************************************************************************************************
Case Is = DashboardExtenderFunctionType.ComponentSelectionChanged

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("ValidateDatesForRefresh")) Then

Dim taskResult As New XFSelectionChangedTaskResult

taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("DashboardToHide_RPTA", "9_NoFilterSelected_RPTAV")

taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("ReportLabelHeight_RPTA", "*")
taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("FilterLabelHeight_RPTA", "0")

taskResult.ChangeCustomSubstVarsInDashboard = True
Return taskResult

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ashok
New Contributor III

yes, you can reset or set to specific value using Dashbaord Extender BR. see "RPTA_SolutionHelper" for examples. something like below:

' PARAMETER COMPONENT SELECTION CHANGED EVENT HANDLERS
Case Is = DashboardExtenderFunctionType.ComponentSelectionChanged

If (args.FunctionName.XFEqualsIgnoreCase("ValidateDatesForRefresh")) Then

Dim taskResult As New XFSelectionChangedTaskResult

taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("DashboardToHide_RPTA", "9_NoFilterSelected_RPTAV")

taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("ReportLabelHeight_RPTA", "*")
taskResult.ModifiedCustomSubstVars.Add("FilterLabelHeight_RPTA", "0")

Return taskResult

Krishna
Contributor III

Are you sure this is working ? I am not able to get it working. Can you share more details. I followed the same but it is not working.

Krishna
Contributor III

I answered my own question. I was passing the incorrect parameters. Param Name Vs ComboBox Name. Thanks.

Gidon_Albert
Contributor

So if I understnad this right, in :

=> DashboardToHide_RPTA is the paramter

=> "9_NoFilterSelected_RPTAV" is the value we assign to this parameter

And by using setting :

OneStream will use "9_NoFilterSelected_RPTAV" when |!DashboardToHide_RPTA!| is referenced. Is this correct?

Is there a way to get the value assigned to |!DashboardToHide_RPTA !| in the previous run of the current dashboard to avoid another value from another user from being used by the current user?