Use BusinessRule.DashboardStringFunction XFBR string rules to extract text out of V#Annotations?

Davy
Contributor

Happy Labor Day!!
How can I use BusinessRule.DashboardStringFunction, i.e. XFBR string business rules to extract text out of a datacell in cubeview that has users' text stored in V#Annotations?
We have successfully used XFBR string business rules to extract amounts from datacell in cubeview.

However, when I tried similar lines of XFBR code in my cubeview – I am not able to pull users’ text.
It is returning zero. Users are putting text into CV cell that has this combination - A#Explaination:U8#Comment:V#Annotations . Here are a few lines the don’t seem to work
1)
Dim Explain As DataCell Explain = BRApi.Finance.Data.GetDataCellUsingMemberScript(si, cube,"A#Explaination:U8#Comment:V#Annotations" ).DataCellEx.DataCell
2) I tried the next line:
Explain = BRApi.Finance.Data.GetDataCellUsingMemberScript(si,"A#Explaination:U8#Comment:V#Annotations" ).DataCellAnnotation
but I get the error message : " Does not recognize .DataCellAnnotation. 1) Error at line 71: 'DataCellAnnotation' is not a member of 'DataCellInfoUsingMemberScript'. "

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

DataCellInfoUsingMemberScript doesn't have a DataCellAnnotation property, you need to go down one more step and select the DataCellEx property first:

BRApi.Finance.Data.GetDataCellUsingMemberScript(si,"A#Explaination:U8#Comment:V#Annotations" ).DataCellEx.DataCellAnnotation

And for a consistent result, you should specify the full POV to avoid problems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Davy
Contributor

FYI - For XFBR string rules, you are limited to using BRAPI calls which means you cannot use the standard api.data.getDataCell function.

For example - If you want to use the GetDataCell function then you would have to use the GetDataCellUsingMemberScript function which acts just as the GetDataCell function does:

ChristianW
Valued Contributor

DataCellInfoUsingMemberScript doesn't have a DataCellAnnotation property, you need to go down one more step and select the DataCellEx property first:

BRApi.Finance.Data.GetDataCellUsingMemberScript(si,"A#Explaination:U8#Comment:V#Annotations" ).DataCellEx.DataCellAnnotation

And for a consistent result, you should specify the full POV to avoid problems.

Davy
Contributor

Thanks. Based on your telling me that XFBR rules are resolved before retrieving datacells, that would mean that I would not use this code as I need to know the cell's POV before I execute :

As I need to pass it the cell's full POV.