can we test if Workflow Channel is locked in a BR before taking requested action?

jzachar
New Contributor

I need to test if a workflow channel is locked in a BR before performing the BR actions.  Can I test if the channel is locked?  How?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can get the status of a workflow.

Dim wfClusterPk As WorkflowUnitClusterPk = BRAPi.Workflow.General.GetWorkflowUnitClusterPk(si, "Workflow name", "ScenarioNAme", "timeName")

'Complete the IMPORT-VALIDATE-LOAD-PROCESS Workflow Steps

'Get the Workflow info so that we can determine which steps can be executed.
				Dim wfInfo As WorkflowInfo = BRApi.Workflow.Status.GetWorkflowStatus(si, wfClusterPk, True)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can get the status of a workflow.

Dim wfClusterPk As WorkflowUnitClusterPk = BRAPi.Workflow.General.GetWorkflowUnitClusterPk(si, "Workflow name", "ScenarioNAme", "timeName")

'Complete the IMPORT-VALIDATE-LOAD-PROCESS Workflow Steps

'Get the Workflow info so that we can determine which steps can be executed.
				Dim wfInfo As WorkflowInfo = BRApi.Workflow.Status.GetWorkflowStatus(si, wfClusterPk, True)

I need to test the status of the workflow channel, not the Workflow itself.  I have a WF channel that when locked should NOT allow the BR attached to the 'Load' button to run.  When I click 'Complete' I get the below error (which is correct).  But when I click the 'Load' button the BR attached executes.  I need to test the status of the channel to see if it is locked prior to continuing with the BR

jzachar_0-1675105436428.png

Thank you (code used below)

'Check If WF channel locked/unlocked

Dim wfStatus As WorkflowInfo = BRApi.Workflow.Status.GetWorkflowStatus(si, si.WorkflowClusterPk, True)

If wfStatus IsNot Nothing Then
    If wfStatus.Locked Then

' Channel locked

else

' channel unlocked\

end if

End if

Hi,

I tried the above solution to check particular workflow's status and resulted in following error.

"The given key was not found in the dictionary"

Here is the code I tried:

Rev_0-1684923118144.png

Did you check whether you got the workflow info?