Transformation rule

prash4030
New Contributor II

Hello,

We've a requirement where based on certain condition, data source record needs to go to two or more targets. For example, we've expense amount in source data that needs to be go to different SG&A Category (like R&D, Marketing, etc) based on percentages. and these %s are different for different account.

we've not used derivative or lookup transformation yet but it seems it can be achieved. i was going through the documentation but it is not very clear. Pls let me know if we're thinking in right direction or if you can help with some sample, would be really helpful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcusH
Contributor III

You are correct - Derivative rules are what you need. In your case you need Final not Interim rules as the data will be loaded into the Cube. If you search OneCommunity for Derivative you will get more guidance. Once you understand the principles the Design and Reference guide has some good examples.
If you are still stuck, post an example of the source data and what you want to load into the Cube.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MarcusH
Contributor III

You are correct - Derivative rules are what you need. In your case you need Final not Interim rules as the data will be loaded into the Cube. If you search OneCommunity for Derivative you will get more guidance. Once you understand the principles the Design and Reference guide has some good examples.
If you are still stuck, post an example of the source data and what you want to load into the Cube.

prash4030
New Contributor II

yes, i was able to understand this concept. thanks a lot!