Increase write access to specific dimension

isaacmizrahi
New Contributor

Hi,

We're trying to allow all users (Everyone) write access to a specific dimension V#Annotation for all entities that they have read access to.

Example: UserA is part of a security group that has only read access to Entity1. We would like them to be able to write only to V#Annotation on Entity1 as well. We've tried using Data Cell Access Security but I can't get it to increase / decrease security where we want it to.

Is it possible to increase access to users who don't already have write access to a specific entity? If so, what would be the best way to accomplish this?

2 REPLIES 2

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The typical solution for fine-grained access is to write some Conditional Input rules.

This said, I have a vague recollection that just adding annotation text, technically, might not be considered "data entry" in the same way as entering numbers, precisely so that hacks like these should not be necessary for simple comments.

I need to test it, I might get back to you after Christmas.

It looks like if I put a Read Only conditional input rule, users will still have access to write comments, but only if they already have access to Write to the entity. If they don't have access to Write to the entity, then they will not be able to write comments.