Is it possible to change SQL Table Editor property upon loading dashboard?

markadriene
New Contributor

Hi All,

I wish to change the property 'Show Manipulation button' of my SQL table editor to hide manipulation buttons if the workflow selected is a parent but show if the workflow selected is a base. Is this possible?

Regards,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

The approach I would try is to have two identical Sql Table Editors each inside its own dashboard, one with 'Show Manipulation button'=true one with 'Show Manipulation button'=false

Those dashboards get added to third dashboard.

In the third dashboard, use a couple parameters in the 'Dashboards to Show' and 'Dashboards to Hide' property fields.  Use a BR to set the value of the dashboard with the STE you want to expose based on workflow by setting its containing dashboard name to the parameter in the 'Dashboards to Show' property, and set the parameter in the Dashboards to Hide property to the name of the other dashboard containing the STE you want to hide.

At issue is the architectural choice to make separate distinct objects to handle passing information back to the UI (the Task Result Objects).  As such you are limited to the loadDashboardTaskResult object of the Dashboard Extender LoadDashboard function type, needed to handle your requirement.

The other unfortunate thing is true/false properties are bound by a dropdown, preventing us from setting them via a runtime Parameter.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

The approach I would try is to have two identical Sql Table Editors each inside its own dashboard, one with 'Show Manipulation button'=true one with 'Show Manipulation button'=false

Those dashboards get added to third dashboard.

In the third dashboard, use a couple parameters in the 'Dashboards to Show' and 'Dashboards to Hide' property fields.  Use a BR to set the value of the dashboard with the STE you want to expose based on workflow by setting its containing dashboard name to the parameter in the 'Dashboards to Show' property, and set the parameter in the Dashboards to Hide property to the name of the other dashboard containing the STE you want to hide.

At issue is the architectural choice to make separate distinct objects to handle passing information back to the UI (the Task Result Objects).  As such you are limited to the loadDashboardTaskResult object of the Dashboard Extender LoadDashboard function type, needed to handle your requirement.

The other unfortunate thing is true/false properties are bound by a dropdown, preventing us from setting them via a runtime Parameter.

Hi,

I am so glad that someone has suggested what I did, meaning I'm on the right track. 😀 I do now have 2 SQL table editors with a third dashboard that throws a dynamic parameter for whichever dashboard must be chosen. The parameter uses a XFBR function to get the correct value using business rule.

Regards,

Mark