New Application Unique ID

MarcusH
Contributor III

I am taking a copy of an application to create a Sandbox for the users to test things. I have been using the document 'How to make a copy of a OneStream XF Application' which I found on ServiceNow. While the document explains how to take a copy it doesn't explain the options. I found I have to select the option 'Create a New Application Unique Id' when renaming the application:

MarcusH_0-1665734110680.png

I can't find any reference to it in the 'Design and Reference' guide nor the Foundation handbook. I think it means that by renaming the application, you are creating a new application separate from the source application rather than simply changing the name of an existing application. Can anyone confirm or correct?

Thanks

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FrankDK
Contributor

Correct, you would need to create a new unique ID for the "new" application, so it does not conflict with the existing application (with same GUID). Behind the scenes the SystemInfo table in the Application database is updated with a new GUID

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FrankDK
Contributor

Correct, you would need to create a new unique ID for the "new" application, so it does not conflict with the existing application (with same GUID). Behind the scenes the SystemInfo table in the Application database is updated with a new GUID