Quick view setting

eunmi
New Contributor II

Hello, 

My colleague and I retrieved OneStream data using Quick view XX and noticed that there are discrepancies in the outcomes. We identified that the POV settings are different even though we used the same Quick View XX. Why this happened and how you update your fixed setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, when you log into OneStream using the Excel add-in, your POV is pulled from your Cube POV in the OneStream application. You can check your POV in the OS app here (make sure to log into the same application):

Henning_0-1718339287948.png

This is then pulled into the Cube POV in Excel:

Henning_1-1718339466366.png

Please note that if you change your Cube POV in the POV pane in Excel, this will also change your Cube POV in the OneStream application. There is only one Cube POV by user by application.

When you then create a Quick View, the Quick View POV pulls the settings from the Cube POV:

Henning_2-1718339589786.png

As for how to change the selection in e.g. the consolidation dimension, you can either type in the new member manually, such as "Share"...

Henning_3-1718339745611.png

...or use the buttons on the right to select another member such as "Elimination"...

Henning_4-1718339814525.png

...or delete the manual selection which will make it "grey" again:

Henning_5-1718339869867.png

And this "grey selection" comes from your selection in your Cube POV!

Henning_6-1718339933148.png

I.e. if you wish to change the selection and leave it "grey", leave the field blank and change the selection in the Cube POV.

That means for you and your colleague(s) that you need to be aware of the Cube POV and align the settings in order to end up with the same POV for your quick views as otherwise you will look at different slices of the data (as you noticed, which led to this post). Or, as always comparing one's Cube POV may not be feasible at all times, ensure that all member selection in the Quick View POV is set in the Quick View itself (i.e. in black) and not driven by the Cube POV (in grey).

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

T_Kress
Contributor II

Any dimensions that are in your Quick View POV that are in grey font (meaning not defined in the Quick View POV) will take from a user POV.  If you want to prevent that from happening then any dims in the Quick View POV must appear as shown in green.

There is a subtle difference between picking things in the Quick View POV so they appear as shown in green vs leaving them open to pull from each user's POV as shown in grey font.

T_Kress_0-1718314278764.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

eunmi
New Contributor II

Thank you, T_Kress--

Could you please educate me how to change the red-highlighted in the snip below to something else (i.e., cons (USD))? How should I edit USER POV settings?  

Thank you in advance for your help.  Your support would be greatly appreciated!!!

eunmi_0-1718337669634.png

Eunmi

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, when you log into OneStream using the Excel add-in, your POV is pulled from your Cube POV in the OneStream application. You can check your POV in the OS app here (make sure to log into the same application):

Henning_0-1718339287948.png

This is then pulled into the Cube POV in Excel:

Henning_1-1718339466366.png

Please note that if you change your Cube POV in the POV pane in Excel, this will also change your Cube POV in the OneStream application. There is only one Cube POV by user by application.

When you then create a Quick View, the Quick View POV pulls the settings from the Cube POV:

Henning_2-1718339589786.png

As for how to change the selection in e.g. the consolidation dimension, you can either type in the new member manually, such as "Share"...

Henning_3-1718339745611.png

...or use the buttons on the right to select another member such as "Elimination"...

Henning_4-1718339814525.png

...or delete the manual selection which will make it "grey" again:

Henning_5-1718339869867.png

And this "grey selection" comes from your selection in your Cube POV!

Henning_6-1718339933148.png

I.e. if you wish to change the selection and leave it "grey", leave the field blank and change the selection in the Cube POV.

That means for you and your colleague(s) that you need to be aware of the Cube POV and align the settings in order to end up with the same POV for your quick views as otherwise you will look at different slices of the data (as you noticed, which led to this post). Or, as always comparing one's Cube POV may not be feasible at all times, ensure that all member selection in the Quick View POV is set in the Quick View itself (i.e. in black) and not driven by the Cube POV (in grey).

I hope this helps!

eunmi
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your detailed explanations.  It helps me a lot. and I really appreciate it!

Best, 

May