Dimension Drop Down List in Excel for GetXF Retrieves

TashaMB
New Contributor

Is there a way to create a dimension member drop down in Excel to use for the GetXFCell data selection listing?

2 REPLIES 2

aricgresko
Contributor III

I know of one way which involves a combination of OneStream and Excel logic.

You can create Member Lists based on the dimensions you want lists for in the UD8 dimension as DynamicCalc members. I believe there are some snippets of code out there in OneStream that can help you along if you're not familiar.  That can create a string output of member names.  Next, you would write an XFGetCell formula referencing that new UD8 member.  Then, you would use some Excel formulas to parse the results of the XFGetCell formula.  After that, you would create an Excel Data Validation list of those members which would be used to populate your XFGetCells.

If the reason you're asking this is due to user's not knowing all of the dimensions/members, you can try pointing them to the "Select Member" drop down on the OneStream ribbon to help populate their XFGetCells.  

JakeSteinberg
New Contributor II

Hi Tasha, to make this as simple as possible, I would create a dynamic quick view of a list of members on a hidden sheet seen below. The screenshot is pulling Accounts.base

JakeSteinberg_0-1710442362633.png

Then, wherever you want that drop down list, use data validation to create a list of these dynamic members

JakeSteinberg_1-1710442433373.png

Here is the dropdown being populated by your hidden quickview.

JakeSteinberg_3-1710442497943.png

Please sign in! TashaMB