Duplicate QuickView on another sheet

Vincent
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have parameter a specific POV on an Excel sheet and want to duplicate it on another Excel sheet.

The QuickView Option to duplicate is only available in the same sheet.

I tried to copy the file and then move the sheet to the previous file but it doesn't work.

Is there a solution? Maybe to copy the POV to make it applied in the new one?

(I know I can parameter the default POV to initialise it via the OS app but I need to keep the POV in 'black' to fix it whatever the POV initially parameter)

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Vincent
New Contributor III

I found the solution to keep in black :

By a right click on the quick view : OneStreamXF --> Copy POV from DataCell

Then on the new sheet I create a new quickview and then right click : OneStream XF --> Quick View --> Paste POV

View solution in original post

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Vincent, not sure if you really mean "sheet" or "workbook"? Also, I think I may be misunderstanding your issue. So I'm just adding this comment for future reference of other people looking at this post and for completeness' sake (given the title "Duplicate QuickView on another sheet"). You can copy a Quick View from one Sheet to the next like this:

Right-click on the existing Quick View you wish to copy --> OneStream --> Quick View --> Create Copy of Selected Quick View

Then in the Create Quick View window you change the name of the open sheet to the sheet you wish to copy your Quick View to. In my example I changed it from Sheet1 to Sheet2.

Henning_0-1690276818349.png

Press ok and you should see a copy of your Quick View on Sheet2.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Vincent
New Contributor III

I found the solution to keep in black :

By a right click on the quick view : OneStreamXF --> Copy POV from DataCell

Then on the new sheet I create a new quickview and then right click : OneStream XF --> Quick View --> Paste POV

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Vincent, not sure if you really mean "sheet" or "workbook"? Also, I think I may be misunderstanding your issue. So I'm just adding this comment for future reference of other people looking at this post and for completeness' sake (given the title "Duplicate QuickView on another sheet"). You can copy a Quick View from one Sheet to the next like this:

Right-click on the existing Quick View you wish to copy --> OneStream --> Quick View --> Create Copy of Selected Quick View

Then in the Create Quick View window you change the name of the open sheet to the sheet you wish to copy your Quick View to. In my example I changed it from Sheet1 to Sheet2.

Henning_0-1690276818349.png

Press ok and you should see a copy of your Quick View on Sheet2.

Vincent
New Contributor III

You're right, how did I missed this feature??? Is it a new feature to choose the sheet? I remember only the cell option.

Best option should be to have the possibility to keep connection when we copy/paste a sheet.

Henning
Valued Contributor

Happens to everyone! Happy that I was able to help.

Adding one piece to Henning's post, if you're copying QV's between sheets, make sure you have the destination sheet created before trying to copy the QV.