Pass through multiple time members for one XFBR

DDrider
New Contributor III

I am building a Dashboard XFBR String to return a different Origin member depending on whether the time is before or after 2020.

If the time is equal to or prior to 2020, it returns "Top". If the time is 2021 or newer, it returns "BeforeElim". The time is selected by a parameter when the user launches a cube view.

The issue I am facing is using multiple time periods in a report. I need one time column to return 2020M12, and another column to return 2021M1. This is pulled as T#FirstPeriodInYearPrior1(|!TimeParameter!|) and T#|!TimeParameter!|, respectively. My XFBR can read |!TimeParameter!| but not the time function result. 

Typically, I would use Time = parameter, but if I do that it cannot return two different results for the 2020 and 2021 time periods. CVTime does not work here either as I'm specifying the time in the member filters instead of the POV. MFTime gives an error if I try to use it.. 

Any help is appreciated. I am not sure how to make the XFBR acknowledge the time function or read two different time members using one parameter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DDrider
New Contributor III

After extensive testing, I've found that passing through a literal parameter accomplishes the objective. I put FirstPeriodInYearPrior1(|!TimeParameter!|) as the value of the literal parameter and passed that through my member filter as the Time member and used that parameter for the XFBR as well. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DDrider
New Contributor III

After extensive testing, I've found that passing through a literal parameter accomplishes the objective. I put FirstPeriodInYearPrior1(|!TimeParameter!|) as the value of the literal parameter and passed that through my member filter as the Time member and used that parameter for the XFBR as well. 

Michel_Sabourin
Contributor II

Have you tried using |MFTime| instead of |CVTime|. CVTime is broader and looks at the overall cube time, but MFTime is specific to the cell data. Might work.