Create Table in SIC

MP2
New Contributor II

I want to create a table and columns in SIC, but only the table name is being created. I want to know how to fix this problem. Below is my sample query and code.

Dim sql as new text.stringbuilder 

Sql.appendline(“Create Table employee(Name varchar(255) not null ,age int null);”

using dbconnap as dbconninfo = brapi.database.createexternaldbconninfo(si,”SICconnectionname”)

Brapi.database.executesql(dbconnapp,sql.tostring,true)

end using

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MP2
New Contributor II

The business rule implementation issue has been resolved. The CSV-to-DataTable conversion was defaulting all columns to string data type. Defining explicit data types for each column resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cosimo
Contributor II

What version of SIC are you using? I know I've seen issue with version 7.4 not on creating tables but queries not returning column headers if a query doesn't return any records. OS Support indicated that my issue is fixed in latest v8 version and maybe yours also?

MP2
New Contributor II

I am using v8 version but somehow it is not working. I can see table but not columns 

When you say you can see the table but not columns, what are you viewing table in? Sounds very strange.

What database is it?

Have you tried inserting a row of data after you created it?

Something like,

sql.AppendLine(“INSERT INTO employee(Name,age) VALUES ('TestName',20);”

MP2
New Contributor II

I have inserted few rows as well and it is running fine. When i ran query in my data adapter it is not fetching anything. 

MP2
New Contributor II

The business rule implementation issue has been resolved. The CSV-to-DataTable conversion was defaulting all columns to string data type. Defining explicit data types for each column resolved the issue.