Carryforward V#Annotation Inputs

JakeSteinberg
New Contributor II

Hello, 

Wondering if there was a way to carryforward V#Annotation inputs on BalanceRecurring Account Types (or any other Account Types) similar to how a V#Periodic input is carried forward on BalanceRecurring. 

For example, we have the users selecting a text string in a data cell and would like that data cell to be carried forward when saved. When we click save on this BalanceRecurring Account, the text string doesn't carry forward months because no value is being stored at V#Annotation.

V#Annotation:

JakeSteinberg_3-1712692237415.png

However, we can change the parameter to have the value of a MemberID (Integer) which stores the value at V#Periodic and displays the String. At V#Periodic, this carries forward that string which is our end goal.

V#Periodic:

JakeSteinberg_2-1712692059219.png

Due to the nature of the tables supporting these custom dropdowns, we would prefer to be at V#Annotation and carrying forward text strings that way. Has anyone encountered this or have solution to carryforward V#Annotation inputs?

1 REPLY 1

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi Jake, V#Annotations is as you correctly point out for strings. V#periodic or V#YTD etc. are for data. Those two are inherently different and are treated with a logic that takes that into account in OneStream. I.e. I am not aware of a setting that would allow you to carry forward annotations.

The usual approach is to copy annotations from the previous period to the next. (I do acknowledge that copying annotations is not the same functionality as the one you are asking for here.)

Another approach for you to consider is a dynamic member (e.g. in UD8) which simply pulls the annotation on V#Annotation from e.g. the first period of a given year, if that is all you need.