Need XML file to provide security to multiple application to multiple users

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Dhwanish Patel

Hello, 

I have 12 different applications, and I want to provide access to 12 different users to these applications. How can I assign security to these 12 different users at once? Instead of going to 12 different applications and assign users.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Mike McGinnis
I don’t believe it is possible to do this. Do you want to give each user access to one app each or all 12 users to all 12 apps? Out of curiosity what is the business use case for so many applications? Is it for training?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Dhwanish Patel

Oh okay. As i was taking training on OS academy, I was just curious to see how will security work for multiple applications. 

Anyways thank you Mike.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor

I apologize...  I just reread your question.  Security is environment wide.  So you wouldn't have to go into each app as the security is part of the framework database.  Once the user is created, that user is valid across all applications.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor

That being said, additional application security could be introduced which could limit access for users to specific applications and/or allow specific groups to have access to all or specific applications.  I would recommend reviewing the security section of the design and reference guide as this has more detailed information in setting all of this up.