Multiple SIC client install/configured in the same server

seangly
New Contributor III

Hi Community,
I was looking in SIC guide and over the community but I dont see find a simple question.

- If we can have two SIC (Gateway Server) install into the same server that each will be point to different environment (e.g. one for Dev and one for Production different environment).

Not sure if anyone has done that type of configuration or it might not be possible because of port conflicting?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@seangly  - If you are using the same SIC server for Dev & Prod then you do not require to install twice. You can create a connection one for Dev and Prod amd the port you can set the port to different for Dev & Prod. My 2 Cents is to have a separate server for Dev & Prod. 

Thanks
Krishna

seangly
New Contributor III

Hi Krishna,

So you saying that we can used the same SIC client to create connection that will be going to two different environment of OS (two different links)?

Regards,
Seang

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@seangly  - Oh! My assumption was 2 different ERP Environment (Dev & Prod). If you are referring to OS then you require 2 different install & configure because it is different OS instance with different URL. You can always change the port from default one in SIC. To avoid port conflict. I would recommend to have 2 different servers for SIC.

Thanks
Krishna