Cube View Columns Build

skyzak22
New Contributor

Hi all, I am trying to build out a CV for a report and I'm having trouble with the best way to build out the columns. My current approach is to just go at each column with differing member filters. For Example: 1st column - S#Actual:V#MTD:UD#Orders:...etc. Does anyone have a better approach that I could use? Or even just point me in the right direction in the documentation? Thanks in advance!

Here is a screenshot of the report columns I need to build in OS:

skyzak22_0-1710859890819.png

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can only display two dimensions on header columns, so you'll have to compromise somewhere here. One way would be to have two different CVs (Periodic and YTD) which you can display side-by-side in a Dashboard. Another is playing with header names, but it makes expansions trickier.

Then, you cannot join up column headers, so you'll want to put "Orders" above the year. Orders and Sales will be two different columns.

So basically something like this will cover the first 3 columns:

JackLacava_2-1710926616826.png

Repeat for the next account (sorry, i just realised it's an UD for you - just use UD then, it doesn't matter) and so on. When it comes to YTD, change it in the account expansion. There might be a bit of faffing with the header for prior year, if it's too much of a struggle you'll have to put it on a different column.