Looking for sample Excel Add-in function XFGetMemberInfo for Account

MitPower01
New Contributor II

I tried using this function to pull the account description but keep getting an error.  I'm sure because I am using the wrong fields.  I looked for samples but can't find any. 

XFGetMemberInfo
This function retrieves the description in the system.  Each Parameter needs to be defined.
XFGetMemberInfo(MemberInfoType, DimTypeName, MemberName, NameorDesc, NameandDesc)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aricgresko
Contributor III

XFGetMemberInfo only has 3 arguments.  If you wanted the description for an account called "Revenue", you would use this syntax.
=XFGetMemberInfo("Description","Account","Revenue")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

aricgresko
Contributor III

XFGetMemberInfo only has 3 arguments.  If you wanted the description for an account called "Revenue", you would use this syntax.
=XFGetMemberInfo("Description","Account","Revenue")

MitPower01
New Contributor II

Thank you so much!  I couldn't find that example anywhere in the admin guides.  And the fact that function template has 5 fields I would never have guessed.  Thanks Again!

You're welcome.  The easiest way I know of to check what arguments need passed in, is to begin writing the function in excel and clicking on the function arguments (fx) icon.  

aricgresko_1-1708088856259.png

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

For those who find this looking for the same thing, here is the correct API:
XFGetMemberInfo(string memberInfoType, string dimTypeName, string memberName)

Valid options for memberInfoType:

Currency
CurrencyId
Description
DimId
DimName
Id
Name
NameAndDescription
NameOrDescription

Valid options for dimTypeName :
Note: DimTypeId in parentheses is just for reference, don't include it in XFGetMemberInfo:

Entity (0)
Consolidation (1)
Scenario (2)
Time (3)
View (4)
Account (5)
Flow (6)
Origin (7)
IC (8)
UD1 (9)
UD2 (10)
UD3 (11)