repeat row headers in a CV using Data Explorer

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Dear all,

I'd like to know whether you've been faced to this issue. When defining the CV there are several nested dimensions in the row definition and I'd like to show it so that the header is repeated to avoid empty headers on the rows (see image below). Do you know how it could be possible to edit it?

Thank you

CarlosALVEAR_0-1705514089951.png

4 REPLIES 4

BenThompson
New Contributor III

Hello @CarlosAlvear ,

I would of thought it would be the header format option shown below, but alas, I just found another way it does not work.  Good luck in your search and I too will be watching for an answer.  

BenThompson_0-1705587592342.png

Report* options will work only when executing the CV as a Report, i.e. exporting it to PDF. The Data Explorer view is not affected by them.

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I think that's just how Data Explorer works.

What you're asking for, if you think about it, is basically a straight table of records. So if I really wanted this for display purposes (not PDF), I'd build a Data Adapter of type Cube View or Cube View MD and wire it to a Grid Component, BI Viewer, or Pivot Grid.

Obviously that doesn't work if you need a CV for things like forms or Excel submissions. In that case, I'd just try to be clever with XF functions directly in Excel, again to produce effectively a table of full records.

PDF outputs are a different ballpark, because they have more options and, where they fall short, even CV Extender rules.

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Dear all,

In this case we can export it to an excel which can satisfy the original need of exporting to a data file (CSV file in this case). I'll leave the solution open in case someone knows if this can be treated in the data explorer screen.

Thank you

BR

Carlos 

Please sign in! CarlosAlvear