Bi Viewer Sorting

ResmiKR
New Contributor II

Hello Community

I have data sorted in descending order in Data Adapter. But when that data is imported to BI Viewer I am not getting in descending order or any other sorting order. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello @ResmiKR ,

The BI Viewer component will not sort your data as it is in the data adapter, but will get the "standard" sorting (that is, alphabetical sorting if I remember).

But you can actually sort your data in any way you want in Bi Viewer, can't you ?

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sergey
Contributor III

Hello @ResmiKR ,

The BI Viewer component will not sort your data as it is in the data adapter, but will get the "standard" sorting (that is, alphabetical sorting if I remember).

But you can actually sort your data in any way you want in Bi Viewer, can't you ?

Regards,

ResmiKR
New Contributor II

Thank You for the response. Actually, I have an Amount column which needs to be sorted in Descending order. The data which is passing to BI Viewer is in descending order only but when displayed in BI Viewer it is not in that descending order.

JShoemaker
New Contributor III

Hi 

I am trying to do the same thing...did you ever get this to work? I am pulling a cube view in the BI viewer but its sorting by year. I need it to follow the cube view order. I have scenario and year but I want scenarios all together but the year sort is taking over. Hope that makes sense. Also is there a way in BI to pull the cube view descriptions and NOT just the member name?