Copying data from Two Entities into One

omaltby
New Contributor II

Hello,

Apologies if this seems like a rather basic question but I couldn't see anything in the Golfstream app.

Is there a standard business rule I can take which copies data from one POV into another and modify it so I can effectively combining two base entities into one? 

Thanks,

Oliver

4 REPLIES 4

Mustafa_A
Contributor II

Hi @omaltby 

We have a data management step that copies data from one entity to another.  You can create a "Copy Data" step - similar to this below. You can adjust your source/target scenario, time, view etc. accordingly. 

Mustafa_A_1-1647618153017.png

Mustafa_A_4-1647618215094.png

I haven't tried copying from two entities into one. But I believe you will need to add both the source entities in "Source Entity Filter"  and your target entity in "Destination Entity"

Hope this helps.

Best,

Mustafa A

omaltby
New Contributor II

Hi @Mustafa_A 

Thanks for your reply.

I tried following your suggestion but receive an error message when I set two source entities with one target (see below). As soon as I change it to one source entity to one target the copy is successful.

omaltby_0-1647855236429.png

Thanks,

Oliver

Yep! I haven't tried it with two entitles before. I don't know if it'll work doing one entity at a time.

I believe you can write a Seeding Rule in Finance BR to copy multiple entities. 

I'm not sure you can do this using copy data. Either you'll have to create a custom rule that does an accumulation or extract the data and use mapping and load it back. There could be another way, but I can't think of anything else.