Is it possible to hide workflows based on Period?

Rayverne
New Contributor

We have a client who wishes certain workflows (Input Child) to only be visible at specific periods during the year (6 and 12)

The only way I could conceive of this based on my knowledge of OneStream to date is through managing security profiles somehow (Access Group)

But everything I have seen indicates a very binary process, you have access or you don't. 

3 REPLIES 3

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@Rayverne  - Here you go. The Options are monthly/Quarterly/Half-yearly  and Yearly

1. WF Frequency can be defined in Scenario See below Settings

Krishna_0-1714058977568.png

2. You can also define the Frequency in Templates for forms and Journals.  Under Application Tab -> Data Collection 

Krishna_1-1714059029562.png

Thanks
Krishna

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

The frequency of Workflow tasks will depend on the "Workflow Tracking Frequency" option on the specific Scenario, which has a "Half-Yearly" option. You can load your data in a dedicated Scenario with that frequency, then copy or merge it into another Scenario via Business Rules (e.g. through a Process step) or Dashboards (Workspace step).

Or you can set up a Workspace step to perform the load through a Dashboard, which will simply appear blank (with a "Next" button or something) for all WF periods except the good ones, via a Dashboard Extender rule.

For Forms you can also leverage a specific option.

There are quite a few other ways to achieve this type of result, the choice will likely boil down to the preferred auditing requirements.

Rayverne
New Contributor

From what I have seen and based on responses; it is not possible to hide a workflow once it has been created.

You can design one in such a way that it only displays based on specific scenarios (design this before you create the workflow/ process).

You can also frequency in Form and Journal templates.

What we ended up going with was having a dashboard which runs a business rule to identify which period you are in and will switch between interactive dashboard and informative display based on the result.