Annotation in a Form Matrix Import Template

cblazquezdiaz
New Contributor

Hello, 

I am using an excel Form Matrix template to load some data into OneStream. I am trying to add Annotations into this view but I am facing a issue. 

Using the AN# in the matrix layout will automatically populate all the periods with the same comment. I would like to specify in the template for the annotation to go only to T#|WFYear|M12 for example. 

Can anyone help me with this?OSCommunityMatrix.png

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

MarcusH
Contributor III

This might be a stupid answer but have you tried adding T#|WFYear|M12 to AN#

eg AN#::T#|WFYear|M12

Hello MarcusH, 

Yes I have tried that, and doesn't work. It gives me the error saying that Matrix Range only works with Amount (AMT#). 

Any other suggestion?

The only other thing I can think of is not pretty. You use Excel formulas to copy the data from the 12 period matrix and create a new xff named range which has a separate row for each period. Then on the M12 row you have the Annotation. So the columns would be something like:

AMT#    T#    AN#

You will of course need to remove the original xff named range. I have done it for XFD templates but not XFF so I don't know if it will work.

Clarke_Hair
Contributor

Did you ever get this to work.  I am trying the same thing and able to load data to period 12 by separating Amt and Time columns but can't get the Annotation to load.  Am I sure it is just some syntax we are missing as they have a column for Annotation so i know it can be loaded.  Guide is not that helpful as it does not give an example of what is needed to make it work.

Clarke_Hair_1-1713212461449.png