Reference a parameter in a different workspace than default

ethanmgomes
New Contributor II

I am executing a Copy Data Management step which references a literal parameter (NOT in Default workspace) to get the scenario value. However, I am receiving an "Invalid Parameter" error when trying to use the parameter even though I confirmed the parameter is named correctly and has a value. 

However, when I created the same parameter in the Default workspace, the Data Management step executed successfully. 

In a Data Management step, is there a way to denote which workspace the parameter should be coming from? I tried something like: workspace_name.|!Scenario_parameter!| but no luck. Is there any documentation on this? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@ethanmgomes  - Enable the below parameter it should work.

Krishna_0-1713455847115.png

Thanks
Krishna

View solution in original post

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Adding some context: 
Click on Workspaces, then the workspace the parameter belongs to:

RobbSalzmann_0-1713456296988.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

@ethanmgomes   If you're on version 7, using an XFBR will probably be the way to get to a parameter in a different workspace.

Workspaces are a work in progress and not fully integrated in version 7 so we do some workarounds to get what they provide sometimes. 

Hey Robb, I am on version 8.1

Agree that XFBR will get the job done, but is there any method currently to differentiate which workspace is used when calling a parameter. 

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@ethanmgomes  - Enable the below parameter it should work.

Krishna_0-1713455847115.png

Thanks
Krishna

RobbSalzmann
Valued Contributor

Adding some context: 
Click on Workspaces, then the workspace the parameter belongs to:

RobbSalzmann_0-1713456296988.png