Sign Switch on Matrix Data Source

JustinHoppe
New Contributor II

I have a delimited data source as matrix data to fetch opening, debit and credit flows.

The credit amount comes in as absolute, and I need to factor it with *-1, but opening and debit flows must remain unaltered.

As I need the data for RCM, it needs to be converted in Stage so I cannot use a Composite TR to flip sign on A#*:F#Credit.

Any recommendations on how I'd be able to achieve this in the data source?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drgerrow
New Contributor III

Hey @JustinHoppe ,

I'm presuming you have something similar to this screenshot, with 3 Flow Dimensions in your DataSource?  On the Amount field, add a Complex Expression that checks if you're parsing the Credit column (in my example, this is column #5), and flip that value.  Make sure you check the api.ValueIsNumeric before doing this so you don't try to flip sign on the Column's header text.

Example Matrix Flow Credit flip.png

Darryl Gerrow, CFO Solutions LLC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

drgerrow
New Contributor III

Hey @JustinHoppe ,

I'm presuming you have something similar to this screenshot, with 3 Flow Dimensions in your DataSource?  On the Amount field, add a Complex Expression that checks if you're parsing the Credit column (in my example, this is column #5), and flip that value.  Make sure you check the api.ValueIsNumeric before doing this so you don't try to flip sign on the Column's header text.

Example Matrix Flow Credit flip.png

Darryl Gerrow, CFO Solutions LLC

Thanks Darryl, the .DimensionDelimitedPosition was exactly what I was looking for.