Transformation Rule Mapping Null

EmilieDurand
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to load a CSV file to OneStream through my Workflow. I have a few rows in my csv file where the IC column is empty. I am trying to map those IC lines to go in "None". How would you do this? I have tried through a one-to-one mapping; source: |null| and target: None, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Hi Emilie,

We don't use CSV for uploads but instead we use Excel files with an XF named range so not certain this would work for you but maybe worth investigating?

We put a reference to a parser rule at the top of the XF range which applies some logic similar to what you were asking about (it turns a blank entry into "None"). In this case it is working on the Flow dimension but could work on IC equally I would have thought.

I'll attach a screenshot in case you want to investigate this.

Regards,
Richard

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Richard_Mayo_0-1702021972045.png

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi Emilie,

You can add a fixed text before/after the reading of that column. For instance, if you add a "IC__" before, you can add a rule stating that if you read a "IC__" is equivalent to a "None".

Best regards,

Carlos

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, another approach is to create a complex expression or rule in the Data Source you are using to upload your file and replace the empty string with "None" (or a random placeholder such as "empty" that you then need to map) in there.