Application Database Folder and System Database Folder

Kai
New Contributor III

I am wondering where are the files in the Application Database Folder and System Database Folder physically stored? I am able to find the files under FileShare in the directory where OneStream is installed, but I cannot find the physical folder structure of the Application Database Folder and System Database Folder. Please advise. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcusH
Contributor III

These refer to the databases that OneStream maintains. If you go to the System tab and select Tools | Database you will see something like this:

MarcusH_0-1699629721761.png

Expand Tables and then go to the table FileContents in either of the databases. That is where the data resides.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

PeterFu
Contributor II

Hi Kai,

See Print screen below. This is from my local laptop (that is why is showing C:), but this field should give you what you are looking for.

PeterFu_0-1699603913449.png

Kai
New Contributor III

Thank you Peter! I am able to find the Fileshare folders. Do you know where we can find the Application Database Folder and System Database Folder, as shown below (Not the Applications and System folder within FileShare Folder)? Thank you

Kai_0-1699628286724.png

MarcusH
Contributor III

These refer to the databases that OneStream maintains. If you go to the System tab and select Tools | Database you will see something like this:

MarcusH_0-1699629721761.png

Expand Tables and then go to the table FileContents in either of the databases. That is where the data resides.

Kai
New Contributor III

Hi Marcus, 

Thank you for your response. This is what I am thinking as well. In the table structure, there are three relevant tables - FileContents, FileInfo and Folder. In the FileContents table, the ContentFileBytes column saved file data in Bytes. I guess OneStream stores files such as word, excel, pdf as Bytes. Do you think this is the case? Thank you

Kai_0-1699630432725.png

MarcusH
Contributor III

You are correct - they are stored as bytes. You use the XFFile and XFFileInfo functions to read and write the documents.

Kai
New Contributor III

This is wonderful. Thank you very much Marcus

Kai