Build member list in one stream

pranav46
Contributor

Hi, Can we build a list in One stream. I believe there is functionality in HFM but not sure if we can replicate.

4 REPLIES 4

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, yes you can. 

E.g. in the documentation, here...

Examples of Key Functions in Use (onestream.com)

... or here:

Finance Function Types                             (onestream.com)

There are also some questions that have been answered in this forum when you use either "memberlist" or "member list" as a search phrase,

Since you are already familiar with HFM, I assume the above will get you started.

List is kind of like alternate roll up in HFM which can be used smartview, business rules, form etc. 

Henning
Valued Contributor

That sounds like member lists in OneStream.

"A custom list of members for use in Cube Views and other areas." (from the Finance Function Type link I posted earlier)

Here you can find an example how to call a member list in a cube view report (see section "Cube View Member Filter Syntax"):
Commonly Used Member Filter Functions (onestream.com)

In OneStream you can do a lot of thing in many different ways. You can also create lists using XFBR rules and use those in many many places (rules, reports, dashboards, etc.). Additionally, you can use parameters as well, and more. Depending on the use case, each option might present its own unique advantages.

Thanks Henning! This is not I am asking but the way one stream is, you got to use dashboard to use most of the function if it will be dynamic.

Cant use in ad-hoc.