Does OneStream have smartlist type of data type?

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

Hello OneStream Expert:

We are going to to convert one Hyperion Planning application to OneStream Application. In Hyperion application we have SmartList type of Datatype, for example we have an Account Member call 

Display_Flag

1, Yes

2. No

In web form, it will display Yes or No and data will be saved to Essbase as 1 or 2.

But I cannot find the SmartList type of Datatype in OneStream for me to display Yes or No in the Cubeview. I wonder what kind of solution can be applied. Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, based on your explanations, I think the Combo Box Cell Type in a cube view is what you need.

With this, data such as 1, 2, etc. will be stored in the cube but text (as per parameter definition) will be displayed in the cube view.

Henning_0-1719243173248.png

You can also use V#Annotation, but that works a little differently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, based on your explanations, I think the Combo Box Cell Type in a cube view is what you need.

With this, data such as 1, 2, etc. will be stored in the cube but text (as per parameter definition) will be displayed in the cube view.

Henning_0-1719243173248.png

You can also use V#Annotation, but that works a little differently.

Henning
Valued Contributor

And another obvious solution is using dynamically calculated members. That might just as well be the easier solution. With those, you can check the flags in your database or a text field (or wherever else) and return a "Yes" or "No" on V#Annotation.

Henning_0-1719243599581.png

The documentation on this starts here:

Create Dynamic Calculations (onestream.com)

SimpleLove
New Contributor III

@Henning: Thank you so much for providing this great solution.