Dynamic Delimited List Parameter in SQL Editor Based on Another Input Parameter

anouar_aicha
New Contributor

Hi OneStream Community,

I hope you are all doing well.

I am currently working on a project where I need to create a dropdown in a specific cell within the OneStream SQL Editor, and the values for this dropdown should be dynamically based on the value of another input parameter.

Here's the situation:

1. The SQL Editor only accepts delimited list parameters.
  2. I need to dynamically populate this delimited list parameter based on the value selected in another input parameter.

For example, if the user selects a country from the first parameter, the second parameter (the dropdown) should display a list of cities from that selected country.

I am struggling to find a way to dynamically feed a delimited list parameter based on the value of another input parameter. Could someone please guide me on how to achieve this? Any help, examples, or pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @anouar_aicha,

I'm afraid you can't set up a sql editor drop down parameter that shows different selection / options by row based on the content of other columns.
You could however have the country being a filter outside of the sql editor and have that dynamically populating the delimited list you see (for ALL visible rows).

I'm sorry this is not the answer you were probably hoping for.

You can always suggest this enhancement as part of IdeaStream.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FredLucas
Contributor II

Hi @anouar_aicha,

I'm afraid you can't set up a sql editor drop down parameter that shows different selection / options by row based on the content of other columns.
You could however have the country being a filter outside of the sql editor and have that dynamically populating the delimited list you see (for ALL visible rows).

I'm sorry this is not the answer you were probably hoping for.

You can always suggest this enhancement as part of IdeaStream.

MarcusH
Contributor III

Have you looked at using an XFBR function to configure the items in the table editor? The MarketPlace app Reporting Compliance uses them to control what values you see in the table editor:

MarcusH_0-1719568806874.png

MarcusH_1-1719568932895.png