Environment Formatting?

AnthonyShenk
New Contributor II

Hi OS Community, 

Was wondering if anyone has visibility into or can point me in the direction to update the Environment Color in an application?  

I know it can be done, thinking it might be the Config Utility or SNOW request, just having trouble finding documentation on the process to update. 

AnthonyShenk_2-1709057755958.png

The guide says all you need is admin access: 

AnthonyShenk_3-1709057813494.png

But I'm finding that not to be the case in multiple environments

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kberry
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony - Cloud customers can update this setting. You must first change the ManageSystemConfiguration role under System Security From Nobody to Administrators. After that you can uncheck the box  on the Environment Configuration tab and enter your chosen Name and Color. The system has to be recycled for the change to be visible. You can do that yourself through the Environment tab or wait for the system to recycle overnight. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnthonyShenk
New Contributor II

After contacting OS Support, you can only update through the app config file if you are on prem (which we are not). 

Service Now team updated for us.  

kberry
New Contributor III

Hi Anthony - Cloud customers can update this setting. You must first change the ManageSystemConfiguration role under System Security From Nobody to Administrators. After that you can uncheck the box  on the Environment Configuration tab and enter your chosen Name and Color. The system has to be recycled for the change to be visible. You can do that yourself through the Environment tab or wait for the system to recycle overnight. 

AnthonyShenk
New Contributor II

That worked perfectly!  Thank you so much!