How do I change the data in a derivative rule that is returned?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Henning Windhagen

11/4/2019

How do I change the data in a derivative rule that is returned? I have a derivative rule that returns the normal accounts and re-directs the data to a new entity. The problem is, the loaded entity is in GBP, and the new, re-directed one is in THB. (This is a management reclass, believe me when I say this is required by the customer...)

Now I want to leave the dimensional derivative mapping as it is, but change the actual data (translate in the complex expression / BR) to be able to load it to C#Local in THB. Anyone ever done anything like that before? All I basically need is a way to change the returned data (same like the ""Multiply"" or ""Divide"" function, I would then just retrieve and apply the respective FX rate myself.

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Chul Smith

I've done this in stage before with a BR. It's important to note to the client that numbers in stage won't tie to the source data (bc you've translated it). The alternative you have is to use the out-of-the-box functionality in flow. Load translated, derive local. The idea is pretty straightforward, you load data to a flow member and OS will translate to local.

you'd need one flow member for the loaded data and one for the local data. it works just like the out-of-the-box override functionality but opposite. it looks up the entity currency so don't need one for every currency. nor do you need special accounts.