Is it possible to put a limit on how big attachments can be?

Beeswing77
New Contributor III

For example,  when a user creates a journal and wants to attach some evidence.  Is it possible to stop them from uploading a 40 gb video file or something equally silly?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the actual limit on the related database table is about 2GB per item, but I expect something else will typically time out before that record has a chance to be written; in practice, it's not much of a concern. If you are in a Cloud environment, have a chat with Support and they should be able to give you details of the various network limits - usually they have the opposite problem...

If you think this option should be configurable, you can file the request on the IdeaStream boards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

I believe the actual limit on the related database table is about 2GB per item, but I expect something else will typically time out before that record has a chance to be written; in practice, it's not much of a concern. If you are in a Cloud environment, have a chat with Support and they should be able to give you details of the various network limits - usually they have the opposite problem...

If you think this option should be configurable, you can file the request on the IdeaStream boards.