New to OneStream - Account Dimension build

DavidT
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm new to OneStream and wondering if this Account rollup is possible using inherited Account dimensions?

Cube 1 is the Main cube and needs to show all Accounts, but the Cube2&3 should only show & operate on a subset of Accounts within this Hierarchy

DavidT_0-1712079655484.png

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
David

5 REPLIES 5

Krishna
Valued Contributor

Hi - It can be achieved using the extensibility, There should be 3 levels of extensibility and each cube should assign the respective account in the Cube Dimension settings.

Thanks
Krishna

DavidT
New Contributor II

This seems the most direct way of doing it:

Cube1:

DavidT_0-1712084671475.png

Cube 2:

DavidT_1-1712084697691.png

Cube 3:

DavidT_2-1712084743191.png

Anything that is common aross all 3 cubes, I put on the parent Cube1 Hierarchy... but my question is really does Cube 1 allow inputs on the lower levels? 

Does Cube 1 even see the detailed accounts? and/or does Cube 2 and Cube 3 see the parent accounts defined in Cube 1?

JackLacava
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cube 2 and 3 will see parent Accounts, they are automatically aggregated.

Cube 1 will only see data for DT_REVENUE and DT_COST, it will not know anything about lower levels.

DavidT
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the reply. Is there a way to have Cube 1 inherit from both Cube 2 and Cube 3? So that it sees all of the accounts? When I try to do this, I have to rename common members so that it doesn't throw an error saying that the Account Member already exists.

DavidT
New Contributor II

I've built an alt view of the Account dimension (I tried to define relationships across dimensions, but was not able to do so, so instead of a top-down approach, I went bottom-up. 

The issues that I encountered were:

1. I could not add Members with the same name to different structures if they were already defined in another dimension rollup (say sibling Dimensions that don't inherit)... I would have to change the member name.

2. I could not add relationships between two different Dimensions (siblings of one another).

3. I could not have a Child Dimension inherit from 2 Dimensions.

So this may work, I'm not sure.

1st Level (Cube 3) - Lowest level

DavidT_0-1712324115435.png

2nd Level (Cube 2) Add some Revenue Accounts and some Cost Accounts

DavidT_1-1712324144249.png

Level 3 (Cube 1) Really the main cube where all data should be visible

DavidT_2-1712324220792.png