P&L Balance Upload: Would $0 load show as a negative value?

Ashlee
New Contributor III

Would a P&L account that had a balance in Period1 but was uploaded with a $0 balance in Period2 show as a $0 account in Period2 or the difference between P1 and P2 (a negative value)?

3 REPLIES 3

ap12
New Contributor III

Hi @Ashlee I guess it depends where you are viewing the loaded Period 2 data. If you are just looking at it on the WF it would likely just be showing the Period 2 loaded amount of 0. If you are looking at it within a report that has been setup to roll over the previous period then it would show that period 1 balance. Account type and setup may also play into it. Hopefully this helps, thanks!

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, this depends on your Zero View settings on your scenario as well as the V# member you selected in your Point of View.

Henning_0-1708590394642.png

Please refrain from loading 0 values, as this just pollutes the database and decreases performance.

Henning
Valued Contributor

I remembered just now that there is a good blog post on this, providing a lot more detail than my very short response, earlier.

Hope this helps (more)!

Making sense of the Scenario settings - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)