Drilling into a CubeView where the linked Dashboard is in a different Workspace

Sweez
New Contributor III

I think I may have found a bug with workspaces but wanted to see if anyone has encountered this issue before.  I am displaying a dashboard with an embedded Cubeview that has a link to a dashboard in a non-default workspace.  When I launch the dashboard, I see the drill link but nothing happens when I click on it.  However, if I add the same dashboard to either the Default workspace, or the workspace where the dashboard resides that I am launching from, the link works without issue.  It seems that if you want to follow a link in a Cubeview in a dashboard it either has to be in the same workspace or in default.  I guess it might make sense because when adding the link in the Cubeview there is no option I am aware of to specify a Workspace so OneStream might get confused as to where to find the dashboard.  Has anyone else had a similar issue or know if I am missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sweez
New Contributor III

Ok, so I found the answer.  The link in the cube view needed changes to be prefaced with the respective dashboard.  For example, if the linked dashboard is named "Drill2Source" and it resides in the workspace "My New Workspace" the link string needs to be "[My New Workspace].Drill2Source".  This seemed to solve my issue,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Sweez
New Contributor III

Ok, so I found the answer.  The link in the cube view needed changes to be prefaced with the respective dashboard.  For example, if the linked dashboard is named "Drill2Source" and it resides in the workspace "My New Workspace" the link string needs to be "[My New Workspace].Drill2Source".  This seemed to solve my issue,

Mattb_0124
New Contributor III

There is a setting on the Workspace itself to enable it as a ‘Shared Workspace’. Enabling this would keep you from having to add the prefix. 

Sweez
New Contributor III

I tried that and it didn’t work.  I assumed this was because there is still an issue of needing to identify what workspace the dashboard is under (location vs access issue)..  I will test again to see if the result change.  Thanks for responding.