How to bring forms data into another cube view

STDN
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have created one cube view and made it as forms so that user can update their data but i also need the user updated data into another cube view. Once user updates in forms it should also able to bring in another cube view.

Can anyone help how to achieve that ?

Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi,

If you want to display data entered in one cube view in a second cube view, you need to set up the point of view of the second cube view the same way as in the cube view used for data entry. Then the data will be displayed automatically. Nevertheless, it depends a bit on what you want to do with this data in the second cube view. I assume you want to use this to report the data. In that case, the point of view can vary, e.g. a parent member may be selected, but then different base data may be included as well. Having said that, one needs to be aware of the reporting requirements to be able to set up the cube view correctly.

KurtMayer
New Contributor III

The other thing I might add is to be sure in your other cube view to have your POV for the Origin dimension set appropriately. For instance, if your cube view form is entering data into O#Forms then your other cube view should be looking at the same Origin dimension member or higher -- like O#Top -- to correctly pick up your entered data from the other form.

Kurt Mayer | Perficient.com