How to suppress blank pages in a PDF book

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Mark Williams

I have created a PDF book that loops over a large group of entities and has a page based on a cube view for each entity. Around 10%-15% of the pages are blank. 

Is there an easy way to have the book skip pages for entities with no data?

9 REPLIES 9

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Jones

Mark,

Currently this would require a rule to be able to check if a report is going to have any intersections inside of it and if it did not return a value for an intersection that you define, you could skip it.

There is an enhancement request in place for this functionality with development.

Once the rule is imported you would call it in the book like this:
If BRString(GetCellValue, GetCellValue, accountMember = YourAccountName, entityMember = YourEntityName) = “TRUE”
The highlighted section is where you define the name value pairs. These could be parameters, sub vars, loop variables or hardcoded values.

I have attached a rule example for you.  You would need to rename it to .xml and then import it into your application.

?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Mark Williams

Thanks for the reply. Sounds easy enough, did you forget to attach the file?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Jeff Jones

Mark,

Looks like the community will not let me attach the XML File, even if I rename it to .txt, I will have to e-mail it to you.

Jeff

JPierluissi
New Contributor II

Hi Jeff,

I realize this is an older post but can the solution for this be e-mailed to me: joseph.pierluissi@sonesta.com

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Donald Hobbs

Hi,

Can I please also see this example rule?

Thank you

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Brett Atkinson

Hi, @Jeffrey Jones may i get a copy of this xml emailed to me as well? batkinson@benchmarkglobal.com

Thank you.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Sara Bioque

Hi all.@Jeffrey Jones, thanks for the post. May I also get a copy of the xml?

my email: marcos.concari@nova-praxis.com

Thanks in advance.

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Campbell Reddick

Hi Jeff

Will this also work for Excel based books?  If so may i get a copy of the BR and few more instructions on where to call this BR.

Thanks

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Campbell Reddick

Hey Jeff

Can you send me the code you tried to attach to this ticket?  Also, where do I call it in the book builder?

Thanks

Cam