Not popping Pie chart (BI Component) in Dashboards Reports.

Ranvir06
New Contributor II

Dear Community,

we have a requirement to add Pie chart (BI Viewer Component) to the dashboard reports. we were able to see the pie chart when we ran the BI Viewer component but when attached to the dashboard it does not show the pie-chart.

Ranvir06_0-1699526219099.png

Here are the properties we used for the dashboard.

Ranvir06_0-1699526819627.png

Any solutions to this will be helpful and appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

MikeG
Contributor III

hi @Ranvir06 can you prove/show that your Data Adapter is correctly creating the data table needed to produce a chart?

Ranvir06
New Contributor II

Hi @MikeG 

Ranvir06_0-1700650603665.png

this is what we are able to achieve through data adapters, we have requirement to get added to dashboard.

please let me know if you have any solution to this.

thank you!

MikeG
Contributor III

Change the Layout Type from a 'Wrap' to 'Grid' of Row 1 and Col 1, use * for the height and width.  Assign the Chart Component as the only Component for that Dashboard.  Run that dashboard and make sure it renders, if it does not render then it is something off with the Chart Component properties and/or the Data Adapter assigned to that Chart Component.  Are you using Chart (Basic) or Chart (Advanced) component?  

Hope this helps,

Ranvir06
New Contributor II

I have made the changes as you mentioned, and I am able to get the Dashboard which I have only assigned this pie charts as component and I have used BI Viewer as component to get pie chart but is there any way I can add now this the dashboard of pie chart to my main dashboard n it should display Pie chart in report when I run my final dashboard. 

Thanks a lot for your help and please let me know if you have any idea for the above requirements..