if-else condition in Member Filter Builder Cube View

DivyaPuri
New Contributor

Source:   Migrated from Champions

Hi Team,

Hope you are safe and doing well.
I am attempting to display members using the if-else condition in cubeview.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to use the if-else condition in Member Filter Builder Cube View?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

JohnMorehead
New Contributor III

The only way that I know of to implement that is through an XFBR rule. What is the if-else condition you are trying to switch on?

+1 for the XFBR

DivyaPuri
New Contributor

To answer question:-
I have E#Root.WFCalculationEntities in cubeview member filter. I want to add condition, if E#Root.WFCalculationEntities is blank, then E#Top.
I am during this using XFBR, but wanted to check, if someone tried if else in CV memberfilter.

You can write an XFBR that gets the profile entities. If that list is nothing (maybe you can also do a count = 0) then return E#Top else return E#Root.WfProfileentities

Yeah, XFBR is the only way I know to do that. I would encourage you to maybe write a more generic XFBR where you pass in the prefix (E# in this case) and filter (Root.WFCalculationEntities), and if the list returned is empty, then return the passed prefix (E#) and Top. This assume of course that all of your dimensions have a Top, which is most common. That way you can reuse this logic elsewhere in your application at no additional development cost. Anyway, you’re on the right track, good luck!

aformenti
New Contributor II

Hi DivyaPuri, 

To do what you described, I believe you could use a Member filter parameter and set the Default Value to E#Top.

Otherwise, you could also use Member Lists as a Finance Business Rule, as you would do with the XBR. The advantage is that you can leverage them elsewhere.