Central Import Status

Jones
New Contributor III

Hey,

So I am testing the Workflow Name "Central Import" since I recall it from Designing an application course. But I have a hard time understanding how to change status on the profiles after data have been loaded for the entity.

This is my current setup:

My regular "Import, Validate, Load" where I can load unassigned entities.

Jones_0-1713942699233.png

Below is my "Central Import" Workflow step in another location with the assigned entity. And you can see that it is indication that data has been loaded through the "central" load step. However status is gray and wont change even if i certify central load step or the parent level. 

Jones_1-1713942851476.png

Or am I configuring this in the wrong way maybe? 🙂

Thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@Jones  - See below from the Design Guide, it is working as expected.

Central Input
For corporate configurations there is an option called Central Input. This can be used for
situations where corporate does the final adjustment after the data has been loaded by the sites.
The Workflow Channel can configure with Central Input which will then display a grey check mark
for that Workflow Channel. This allows corporate to make updates and adjustments at the top
level because the Workflow owns the Entity. All activity is tracked in the audit history.

Thanks
Krishna

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Krishna
Valued Contributor

@Jones  - See below from the Design Guide, it is working as expected.

Central Input
For corporate configurations there is an option called Central Input. This can be used for
situations where corporate does the final adjustment after the data has been loaded by the sites.
The Workflow Channel can configure with Central Input which will then display a grey check mark
for that Workflow Channel. This allows corporate to make updates and adjustments at the top
level because the Workflow owns the Entity. All activity is tracked in the audit history.

Thanks
Krishna

Jones
New Contributor III

thanks! Yeah might not be more to it then. Was hoping to change the gray symbol to a green after for instance locking the wf channel or similar, but guess not! Thanks

DanielWillis
Contributor III

I wish you could see the data on this screen.