cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Data Load Basics

ssmith-nova
New Contributor III

I have a matrix data load question.  I get the concept of how the matrix data load works. I haven't done too many of them, so I want to make sure I'm not missing the basics. 

The file I have has the year on one of the first lines in column 9.  The next row contains the headers with periods in 12 separate columns.

ssmithnova_0-1720568425181.png

Is there an easy way to get the year from the first line (without a lot of code)?  Or should I get year based on the POV?  Then I am guessing a complex expression in the time columns to build the OS time key?  I know I can do all of this in code, but I don't want to skip over any out of the box functionality or best practices.

Any good guides on some of the best approaches with the Matrix load?

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T_Kress
Contributor III

You can set up a complex expression as shown below where you pull the year from the WF POV and then the months are your 12 columns:

T_Kress_0-1720708680470.png

Otherwise, at the bottom of the matrix load you can specificy a header row if you want to read the year from the first row:

T_Kress_2-1720627833071.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

T_Kress
Contributor III

You can set up a complex expression as shown below where you pull the year from the WF POV and then the months are your 12 columns:

T_Kress_0-1720708680470.png

Otherwise, at the bottom of the matrix load you can specificy a header row if you want to read the year from the first row:

T_Kress_2-1720627833071.png

Teresa C. Kress
Principal Delivery Manager Partner Enablement | OneStream Software

ssmith-nova
New Contributor III

Thanks Teresa,

That is what I had in mind, but I didn't want to over complicate it if I didn't have to.

Scott