Cube View Variance Calculation Issue

Jennings
New Contributor II

One row in my cube view is calculating a strange variance and variance %.

I am subtracting an account member from a parent account in my Row member filter builder.  Dep, & Amort is included in my SG&A parent and I want to report separately.  However, my variance column and Var % calculation is off.  It is the only row having this issue.  Also, I am not able to get the currency presented in the row.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Example CV.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Denis, I think you are trying to achieve something like my example below:

Compared to your settings, I have changed two things - I have two columns, one with CY and one with PY and I use CVC for the variance calculations (you can do the same using only one column but you need to use indexes).

More important, I am using row overrides on the two calculated column (otherwise the row formula takes over)

Noemi_0-1689772362068.png

Please let me know if that works for you as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Omkareshwar
Contributor II

Hi Jennings,

Can you check if your SG&A account is setup properly as it isn't showing currency also BW calculations consider account type during calculation. 

Omkareshwar_0-1689686307600.png

Thanks, Omkareshwar

Archetype Consulting

Thanks, Omkareshwar
Archetype Consulting

I appreciate the quick reply.  SG&A is setup as an expense. 

Jennings_0-1689686830417.png

JackLacava

You don't have double quotes around the GetDataCell and Name arguments, and that ampersand might be tripping things up. I'd try with quotes and without the &.

If not that, it's probably a POV issue.

Jennings
New Contributor II

Hi Jack, appreciate the response.  Thank you. 

I believe that I made the updates you suggested but I'm still getting the same issues.

Jennings_0-1689692853825.png

Jennings_1-1689692935709.png

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Denis, I think you are trying to achieve something like my example below:

Compared to your settings, I have changed two things - I have two columns, one with CY and one with PY and I use CVC for the variance calculations (you can do the same using only one column but you need to use indexes).

More important, I am using row overrides on the two calculated column (otherwise the row formula takes over)

Noemi_0-1689772362068.png

Please let me know if that works for you as well.

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi Naomi,

I am having the same issue.  Would you mind posting your solution?

Noemi
New Contributor III

Hi Julia, your issue is similar in a way that you have formulas in both the rows and the columns? And you would like the column calculation to override the row calculation?

In this case, you can use a row override on your column like in my example:

Noemi_0-1700211852711.png

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks, 

Noemi

julia2
New Contributor II

Thank you.  It worked!

Jennings
New Contributor II

Thanks Noemi, this worked.