Call Finance Rule from Confirmation Rule

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Afternoon All,

I'm looking to create a set of standardised confirmation rules as Finance Business Rules which I then want to reference from the confirmation rule itself to cut down on maintenance.

I'm pretty sure this is possible and I've seen some other discussions but I can't quite figure out the code to use in the confirmation rule to trigger the finance rule.

I've seen Dim sharedFinanceBR as New OneStream.BusinessRule.Finance.RulesName.MainClass as an option but this syntax doesn't seem to be available in the confirmation rule code. I think maybe it only works in only business rule types?

Is anybody willing to share their code please? (Just the part that triggers a public function from a confirmation rule).

Thanks!

Richard

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Apologies please ignore this - the code does work, it just didn't come up with anything in intellisense as I was typing so I presumed it wasn't valid in confirmation rule syntax.

Sorry!

View solution in original post

Yeah, you've found one of the very few situations where Intellisense doesn't work, unfortunately - it cannot inspect custom classes outside of the current namespace (i.e. the current editor window).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard_Mayo
New Contributor III

Apologies please ignore this - the code does work, it just didn't come up with anything in intellisense as I was typing so I presumed it wasn't valid in confirmation rule syntax.

Sorry!

Yeah, you've found one of the very few situations where Intellisense doesn't work, unfortunately - it cannot inspect custom classes outside of the current namespace (i.e. the current editor window).

Thanks for explaining that one Jack! 👍

aricgresko
Contributor III

Could you add a snippet of code for how you went about this within Confirmation Rules?  This seems like a better way to manage Confirmation Rules. 

Hi there,

Absolutely! I'm still working it out but making some progress. I actually started up a new thread because I hit a problem with it, the link is here if you want to follow and I put some snippets in that. Pass in parameters to a public function - OneStream Community (onestreamsoftware.com)

Yes I agree, recycling the code would be a good idea as we have a large amount very similar code in many different confirmation rules!

Richard