GolfStream Formulas

julia2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Has anyone had success with viewing the GolfStream reporting formulas such as Return on Assets or Asset Turnover?  I'm trying to learn how to write some ratios and it would be so helpful to view these.  Unfortunately, the formula is greyed out.  Please see below.  

julia2_0-1709601325180.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, can you expand the screenshot? Is the member name on the left where you selected it also grey? It may be that you selected the member in the wrong dimension level (as per extensibility). 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Henning
Valued Contributor

Hi, can you expand the screenshot? Is the member name on the left where you selected it also grey? It may be that you selected the member in the wrong dimension level (as per extensibility). 

@julia2 this is the right answer, to modify properties you need to look at the member in the dimension in which it is actually defined - which in this case, will be one of the ancestor dimensions.

julia2
New Contributor II

Thank you.  You're right, I had the wrong member selected.

jacobw
New Contributor III

Hi @julia2,

I would separately recommend reviewing the snippets available when working with member formulas and business rules. These snippets will provide great starting points for you. The common accounts section will have some of these formulas you're looking for, that with minor adjustments would be ready to use very quickly. Hope this helps.

jacobw_0-1709648772789.png

julia2
New Contributor II

Thank you.  This is a huge help