Importing XFD multiple amount columns

ScottCharles
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm hoping someone can help me with a syntax issue where I have data in a spreadsheet that is organized with accounts on the rows and 12 periodic months in the columns. I want to be able to tell OneStream that there are multiple amount columns and columns represent different time periods. I can label the amount in the 1st column "Jan" and make T#:[2024M1] using XFD named range the data will load but I want to be able to load all twelve columns at once. Does anyone know how to do this? Does it require a business rule?

Thanks, 

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JoakimK
New Contributor III

You have to use the Matrix load to achieve what you are wanting to do. So if you change the Column tag from T#:[2024M1] to instead say T#:[]:[]:[2024M1] then the next one T#:[]:[]:[2024M2] and so on, it should work.

Joakim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CarlosAlvear
Contributor

Hi Scott,

I haven't tried this but I think it should work. First, maybe you can set up a workflow so that you have one input per year so you can import all the data per month at once. Then I think in the data source, you'd have to add 12 amount sources (to check).

Another way of doing it is to massage the source data so that you have the regular format of one line per cell data.

Please tell us what kind of method works for this.

Best regards,

Carlos

JoakimK
New Contributor III

You have to use the Matrix load to achieve what you are wanting to do. So if you change the Column tag from T#:[2024M1] to instead say T#:[]:[]:[2024M1] then the next one T#:[]:[]:[2024M2] and so on, it should work.

Joakim

ScottCharles
New Contributor II

Thanks JoakimK, I tried your suggestion and it worked! For other users wanting to use this method you also need to specify AMT#:[] in your dimensions as OneStream will require that as well.