Smart Integration Connector - RemoteEndPointProviderIsInvalid

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to use Smart Integration Connector for connecting to an SFTP server.

We have followed the instructions on setting up the Local Gateway servers and the SIC have been created (see picture below).

AndreaF_1-1720440516656.png

I have written a SIC function to retrieve the configuration values which are stored on the Local Gateway:

AndreaF_2-1720440824775.png

I am then trying to invoke the SIC function in a dashboard extender rule as follow:

'Setup the objects to read Gateway Details from BRAPIs
Dim objGatewayDetails As GatewayDetails = BRApi.Utilities.GetGatewayConnectionInfo(si, "ebs_prod_sftp_test")

Dim objRemoteRequestResultDto As RemoteRequestResultDto = BRApi.Utilities.ExecRemoteGatewayBusinessRule(si, "RemoteGatewayValueFetcher", Nothing, objGatewayDetails.RemoteGatewayHost, String.Empty, String.Empty, False, 600)

If (objRemoteRequestResultDto.RemoteResultStatus = RemoteMessageResultType.Success) Then
	If (Not objRemoteRequestResultDto.ResultSet Is Nothing And objRemoteRequestResultDto.ResultType = RemoteResultType.DataTable) Then
		BRApi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "Data Returned - Rows:" & objRemoteRequestResultDto.ResultSet.Rows.Count)
	Else
		BRApi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "Remote Smart Integration Function Succeeded - no data/datatable returned")
	End If
Else
	If Not objRemoteRequestResultDto.RemoteException Is Nothing Then
		Throw ErrorHandler.LogWrite(si, New XFException(si, objRemoteRequestResultDto.RemoteException))
	Else
		BRApi.ErrorLog.LogMessage(si, "Result Status = " & objRemoteRequestResultDto.RemoteResultStatus.ToString)
	End If
End If

However, this does not seem to work and the Error Log shows the following message "Result Status = RemoteEndPointProviderIsInvalid".

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi, the Gateway Server has 2 SIC, a direct connection and a database connection type.

AndreaF_1-1720444970757.png

The solution has been to change the ExecuteRemoteGatewayBusinessRule to use the Database connection for the purpose of retrieving the configuration values:

Dim objRemoteRequestResultDto As RemoteRequestResultDto = BRApi.Utilities.ExecRemoteGatewayBusinessRule(si, "RemoteGatewayValueFetcher", Nothing, "dummy_db_gateway_prod_do_not_delete", String.Empty, String.Empty, False, 600)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AndreaF
Contributor III

Hi, the Gateway Server has 2 SIC, a direct connection and a database connection type.

AndreaF_1-1720444970757.png

The solution has been to change the ExecuteRemoteGatewayBusinessRule to use the Database connection for the purpose of retrieving the configuration values:

Dim objRemoteRequestResultDto As RemoteRequestResultDto = BRApi.Utilities.ExecRemoteGatewayBusinessRule(si, "RemoteGatewayValueFetcher", Nothing, "dummy_db_gateway_prod_do_not_delete", String.Empty, String.Empty, False, 600)