Anyone have any clever ideas on how to get certain UD members to not translate?

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Eric Osmanski

3/12/2020

Anyone have any clever ideas on how to get certain UD members to not translate? I can only think of a custom translation rule which specifically excludes them and then runs the regular translation on all other members. Looking for different ideas.

1 REPLY 1

OSAdmin
Valued Contributor
Originally posted by Andy Moore

Either going to be a member formula or custom translation rule unless you can leverage the Account/UD combination into a single Account and use an Account Type like Flow or Balance which do not translate. If this goes to BI Blend after the Cube, you can then parse out the Account and UD members to apply to the correct dimensions from the new Account?
Is this for all entities for a account or accounts? Could you use the flow settings maybe and load these accounts to a input currency and then just say use alternate input currency?

Its for a lot of accounts. They are loading transaction currency data that they just want to see aggregated up the Entity. My plan was to just use the EntityAgg function with a rate of 1.... but outside of this member where I put the EntityAgg, it is going to translate these numbers and the result is useless and the time the system spent translating them is a waste
yeah it sounds like you will be writing more FDX Connectors..