Extract full extensible dimension

Harry
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Let's assume we have an extensibility on the dimensions account with 2 cubes.

When we need to export the dimension account, we are only able to export the accounts for the 1st cube, and the accounts for the 2nd one (two files).

Is it possible to export the full account hierarchy (within a single file), with a field specifying the associated cube ?

Thanks for your support,

Harry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's a right click > Export on the grid.

The save button is for if you are making changes to the member properties through the Grid View.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

KarlT
Contributor

What format are you looking to extract this in? (xml/excel/other?)

You can extract the XML in one file for both dimensions. Although they will not reference the cube as a single account can exist in multiple cubes through extensible dimensionality. You could do the same using the Grid View in the dimension library to extract the full account tree (in the lowest dimension). This will include a column available which shows the dimension it relates to. I think the solution you require will depend on your reason for extracting it.

Harry
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Karl,

Through Grid View I'm getting part of the desired result (cf. attached screenshot),... but i need to display in a file (preferred in Excel) the Parent/Child relationship for the account dimension, with cube name indication.

Thanks,

Regards,

Harry  Grid_view_Account_per_Cube.png

Hi Harry,

When choosing your Grid Settings here, make sure you toggle the "Display Parent Child Relationship" box which will give you options to chooses the parent properties: 

KarlT_0-1716536328497.png

This contains the Member Dim field which shows the dimension where the member exists. I hope that helps.

Harry
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Karl,

It works ! 

Do you know how to save it as template (the save button is grayed out).

Thanks,

Harry

Grid_view_Acc_Cube_Parent_Chil_Relationship.png

It's a right click > Export on the grid.

The save button is for if you are making changes to the member properties through the Grid View.

Best regards,

Harry
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot Karl 

Harry